Tuesday 18 September 2018

I wrote a Letter to My Love and on the Way I Dropped It 10

This is the 10th (OBVIOUSLY!) in a series of paintings, but the first which has not been subjected to cut-up. I think sadly (maybe), the cut-up era (The Authentic Massacre of the Innocent Image Series) has mostly concluded - at painting 110. This is too large and heavy to cut up in any event - it weighs about 12 kgs and is 2.2mX.85 in size...posting pieces of that through the mail with the Post Office not delivering would be just a little ridiculous.
This new series is based on a cuneiform relic I have (copy) from the Louvre which incidentally is part of the Bible Exhibition. When I look at the relic and the painting, there is not a lot similarity. I should have looked a little closer I guess, but the wonderful thing about painting is that tomorrow is another day...



No comments:

Post a Comment